This question is currently asking for product recommendations. I've placed the question on hold and wanted to refer the user to our Help Center page listing the types of questions people shouldn't ask. I thought product recommendations would be on this list, but I see that the page currently only says:
To prevent your question from being flagged and possibly removed, avoid asking subjective questions where …
- every answer is equally valid: “What’s your favorite ______?”
- your answer is provided along with the question, and you expect more answers: “I use ______ for ______, what do you use?”
- there is no actual problem to be solved: “I’m curious if other people feel like I do.”
- you are asking an open-ended, hypothetical question: “What if ______ happened?”
- your question is just a rant in disguise: “______ sucks, am I right?”
Should we explicitly add 'asking for a shopping or product recommendation' on this list?
Note that there already has been a discussion on banning shopping question on meta on the past where it was discussed that we should disallow clear shopping questions, but keep an eye out for questions about sustainable materials that are hard to come by (this one-sentence summary is my own interpretation).